Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Anti-Israel demonstration in Chicago, July 26, 2014 - many anti-Jewish posters

There was an anti-Israel demonstration in Chicago on Saturday, July 26, documented by @Jonathan Hoenig. In one of his tweets he estimates about 2,000 were there; since I wasn't there I can't make a crowd estimate. I've looked at a couple of other photo sets of the demonstration, and none of them show the antisemitic posters here.

For a different account of the same demonstration, by Chuck Jines, see this posting: Chicago protest against Israeli massacre in Gaza. He writes: "I can’t tell you the overwhelming feeling of oneness that overtook me as I watched thousands of people take to the streets of Chicago today, in support of the Palestinian people. Emotion swelled from deep within my soul as I stood looking down from a fourth floor parking garage, listening to thousands of voices chanting as one: Gaza! Gaza! Gaza!." Somehow, the antisemitic posters didn't seem to disturb his feeling of oneness.

Notice the frequent comparisons of Israel with Nazi Germany, and the claim that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza.















This is the same Zeon poster as the one used at the Stuttgart protest.






No comments:

Post a Comment