Thursday, February 16, 2017

"The least antisemitic person that you have ever seen in your life"



Two days in a row, Trump refuses to answer a question about antisemitic acts in the US. At his press conference today, he thought that the reporter Jacob Turx, from the ultra-Orthodox Jewish magazine Ami was accusing him of being antisemitic (which he wasn't). Trump got all defensive and said he was "the least antisemitic person that you have ever seen in your life."

Transcript of Trump and Jacob Turx:

TURX: My name is Jake Turx from Ami Magazine, and despite what some of my colleagues may have been reporting, I haven’t seen anyone in my community accuse either you yourself or anyone on your staff of being anti-Semitic. We understand you have Jewish grandchildren, and you are their Zeyde (grandfather). However, what we are concerned about, and what we haven’t being addressed is an uptick in anti-Semitic [unintelligible] and how the government is planning to take care of it. There’s a report out that 48 bomb threats have been made against Jewish centers all across the country in the last couple of weeks and there are people who are committing anti-Semitic acts or threatening to –

TRUMP: See he’s said he’s going to ask a very simple and easy question, and it’s not. It’s not a simple question and not a fair question. OK, sit down, I understand the rest of your question.

So here’s the story guys. Number One, I am the least anti-Semitic person that you have ever seen in your entire life. Number Two, racism, the least racist person. In fact, we did very well, relative to other people running as a Republican –

TURX – starts to talk, but

TRUMP – Quiet quiet quiet. See he lied about he was going to ask a very straight simple question. So welcome to the world of the media. So let me just tell you something that I hate the charge, I find it repulsive, I hate even the question, because people who know me, you heard the prime minister, you heard Betanyahu yesterday, you heard him, Bibi, he said, I’ve known Donald Trump for a long time and then he said – forget it. So you should take that instead of having to get up and ask a very insulting question like…

TURX – gets up and starts to speak, but Trump calls on the next reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment